Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crochet!

I recently started something I think will be rather significant in my life. I learnt to crochet! I've always wanted to learn, my grandmother was amazing at it, she taught me to knit when I was really young, but she passed away before I could learn crochet. Since then I just haven't gotten around to it.
Anyways. It really is an amazing thing to do, its much much better than knitting in my opinion, though they both have their pros and cons, I just reckon crochet is so much more instantly satisfying. I'm going crochet crazy!



My first big project is making a granny square quilt!! These are some of the things that have inspired me for it. I absolutely love the white borders surrounding the colour. I've found a whole lot of really creative granny squares that i'm often tempted to use, but i must resist the urge, i really just want the quilt to be about the colours and the balance all over it. I hope it will be an heirloom, i have crocheted a lot of love into it. Perhaps I shall post some WIPs. that will be fun.
Let me know if you would like credit... sorry i lost them!!



How inspiring!?! I made a collar something like these the other day, THAT was fun! seriously it took me about 30mins, Its just so satisfying!!
garments from Stay fancy free and collars from Call me Mimi


What I plan to make and absolutely love is potholders! they are just the right style for my house, and so simple, they add just the right amount of colour i think! yes? how cool!



HOW FRICKEN CUTE!!!!!! you certainly could not knit these!!



basically. ya'll should go crochet some. I'm sure Pip would agree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! How are things with you?